Faith will work for anyone, no matter your religion
I am a Christian and believe Jesus is the way of salvation for man, but I want to post about faith & how it works for anyone who will use it. I would like to point out what STOPS so many from getting what they desire from prayers & from faith. It doesn't have to be a hit & miss process.
I have seen many miracles in my lifetime, some I have witnessed as an observer and some I was a participant in the prayer process. A lady with stage 4 cancer was instantly healed, not remission, but cancer disappeared, a baby on life support at Children's hospital recovered with in hours after my aunt & I prayed over him in the ICU. I could go on and on.
Not all prayers have to be about life threatening disease.
I have witnessed deals come thru that looked impossible, financial blessings, relationships improve etc. I've seen alcoholics delivered instantly. Most of this had been in a NON CHURCH SETTING!
I have also seen many prayers of good Christian people go unanswered, no matter how hard they prayed ! I used to be confused about this, but not anymore.
I have also read many testimonies and talked with people who are not Christians who have used faith for healing and to change situations in their lives. Seeing this bag of mixed results is what has led to this post, PLEASE HANG WITH ME.
What hinders Prayer & Faith, besides just unbelief
One thing that gets in the way of results is religion. Churches & TV preachers are complicating things in order to make money. They come up with all these formulas you are supposed to follow, or some standard of living you are supposed to meet and on and on.
Another thing that kills a lot of faith & prayer is the perception that God is sitting there in the sky and when you ask for something he is sitting there looking down on you & decides weather or not he is going to grant your request based on who knows what, and you have to figure out if it's something according to his will or not etc. etc.
Not getting instant results: This is another thing that discourages people. We need to remember the delays serve us, allow us to focus and be clear on what we REALLY desire. Truthfully, haven't there been times looking back you where grateful you didn't get what you asked for? Delays usually serve us.
Also remember when he cursed the fig tree, it died at the roots, that means at first, it still looked alive when it was dieing. Our faith works the same way. When it seems nothing is changing, we have to remember things are beginning to move, even if we do not see it.
BEFORE WE GO ANY FARTHER: Its also important remember that a negative belief is still a belief. Lack of faith is still faith, just in the opposite direction. Expecting not to be healed, blessed or whatever is still faith. We can't escape this point! All have been given the measure of faith. We are created in God's image and LIKENESS. What direction you take it is up to you.
It's faith / belief, pure & simple that gets results.
Lets look what Jesus said: He said WHOSOEVER believes, WHOSOEVER says to this mountain and does not doubt.... When He healed the blind man, he said according to YOUR faith be it unto you. When the lady touched his garment and was healed, He said YOUR faith has made you whole.
The N/T says Jesus couldn't do many miracles in his own hometown because of THEIR unbelief.
It's important to note, Jesus didn't say only those who obey me shall say to the mountain be removed, he said WHOSOEVER, and whosoever is YOU, AND ME or whoever! Christian or not.
Great thinkers have known faith/ belief is a powerful force for thousands of years. The law of attraction is another way that modern thinkers explain it. When you meditate on something as having already having it, many times it shows up. It is real. It's not the ultimate law as the teachers teach it, but it does exist. EVERY MAJOR FAITH & TEACHER HAS REALIZED THESE UNIVERSAL TRUTHS. I could quote many, but just google them & see for yourself.
HOW TO ACTIVATE FAITH, MADE EASY: "Whatsoever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it and it shall be yours", pretty strait forward according to Jesus. He never put forth some several step plan full of loop holes.
1. Ask (be specific, for whatever you desire) WE are the ones who limit it. When the man asked Jesus if he could heal his son, he replied ALL THINGS are possible to him who believes. It's important to remember that he said, I believe, help my unbelief. Even believers can doubt from time to time.
2. Believe you have received it. IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO FIGURE OUT THE HOW. Just visualize it as yours, or it as done. Feel it, enjoy it, be grateful for it, just like when you order something off e-bay, you know its yours even when you haven't seen it yet. If you are injured as I recently was, visualize yourself as if it never happened . 10 minutes, three times a day, THEN RELEASE IT and forget it. Have fun with this part. Get excited!
3. Receive it. Often you will not even be aware when you receive it, you will just notice it's done! Recently after a back injury/ disc disease I tied my shoes and realized my back no longer hurt, just like I had imagined.
LASTLY & this is where Christianity comes in:
Do not be guilty of worshipping the created thing instead of the Creator. Apostle Paul wrote about this is Romans. God gave us the power of faith, thank Him for it. Worldly people use their faith to achieve selfish results. Christians should use thier faith to help others along with themselves. Jesus said he would answer our prayers to glorify the father.
BOTTOM LINE: Faith works no matter who you are if you just use it. Start small & build.
<< Home